Texas Product Liability Lawyer
Defective Products Attorney in Houston, Texas
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people are hurt by defective or badly designed products. In fact, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that over 113,000 people were injured over a 10-year period, between 2003 and 2013, simply due to inflatable amusements (commonly known as ‘bouncy houses’). This is just one piece of the puzzle. Hundreds of thousands of children have been injured by defective or improperly designed toys. Injuries can be minor, such as scrapes, puncture wounds, or minor burns, or they can be severe, including permanent injury or death.
When a bad product causes an injury, it can be tough to know where to turn. Not every lawyer understands product liability law and how to get compensation for your injuries. You need aggressive and experienced representation to go after the big manufacturers. Often, the company may have even known about the dangers but chose to do nothing about it.
When Companies Put Profits Over Safety
There are a lot of ways that big companies put their bottom line above safety. Common types of product injuries are:
- Defective Automobiles
- Defective Auto Parts (Tires, airbags, headlights, brakes)
- Defective Medical Devices
- Defective Toys
- Poor designs (designed in a way that makes injury more likely)
- Yard Toys (Trampolines, etc.)
- Malfunctioning appliances
- Defective electronic devices (cell phones, computers, tablets)
- Defective building materials
- Defective furniture
Houston Product Liability Lawyer
Some types of defective products are obviously dangerous. For instance, a malfunctioning pacemaker is clearly serious and can lead to unexpected death. Even an improperly designed home appliance can cause serious injuries. People have been injured by an improperly designed product when wiring causes electrical shorts, leading to house fires. In other cases, personal electronic devices have exploded, causing permanent physical injuries and disfigurement. A simple children’s toy can turn lethal if designed improperly.
When your family has been hurt by a bad product, you have options. Texas law allows you to seek compensation for your injuries, including but not limited to the following:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Adaptive equipment needed due to permanent injury
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Out of pocket expenses
- Future lost earnings
- Future expected medical expenses
Get Real Help from a Lawyer Who Cares
If you have been hurt, you do not want to wait to find out if the product manufacturer is going to do the right thing and take care of your family and loved ones. You need to get real answers today. The law sets strict time limits on filing a lawsuit for your injuries, so do not wait until it is too late. Contact The Oweyssi Law Firm today to schedule a personal free consultation. When calling, make sure to gather the following documents to bring to your appointment.
- Your identification
- Notes and paperwork relating to your injury
- Photos or videos of the injury or your wounds (if applicable)
- Any medical bills or records you have
- List of all your medical providers and treatments
- List of any witnesses who may have information
- Any information you have about the specific product, manufacturer, receipts, etc.
Remember, large product manufacturers will probably deny any liability for your injuries. So, it is important that you have an advocate on your side to fight for your rights.